Friday, August 7, 2009

my anklet!!!!!!!!

Wow.
My anklet of 9 years just came off.
I inadvertently tore it off with a swift and soft gesture as I put my sock on.
I left the room, leaving it broken on the carpet, without realizing I didn't have it any longer. Then returned to the room to get something. I looked down and I actually felt my heart beat at a different pace the moment I saw it there on the ground.
Overly romanticized...I know.

But I've been waiting for this moment for years.
I've built it up for so long and I demand it to have meaning.
There has to be a reason it came off today.

So far what I've got is all about numbers.
I've had it on 9 years, and it came off 9 days before I'm leaving for China in the year 2009.
There has to be more to it, but I don't know what that is yet...

1 comment:

sheyda said...

the anklet! i feel your pain .. that was 8th grade, wasn't it? and to this day we never figured out the one thing that you were supposed to do before it came off?
but i guess so much has happened since then, it sort of counts. :)
i love you :) we should make a replacement